Why St. Odilia?
The St. Odilia Catholic School mission is to help all of our students develop the talents that God has given them and to grow to be wise, confident, caring individuals. Whether it is in our pre-school program, our K-8 program, or our "Knight Watch" before and after school program, we want our students to meet the challenges of today's world with greater knowledge, curiosity, enthusiasm, humor, and energy.
At St. Odilia, we believe we are more than an academic institution. We think this because we believe in teaching the 'whole' child. Our teachers do not simply deliver information but believe in the formation of each child. And by the time our students graduate, they are more than adequately prepared for high school not only academically, but socially and spiritually as well. To learn more about how we prepare children, click here and to see the results of a recent Alumni Survey, click here.
While weighing your educational options, we ask you to remember that at St. Odilia we believe:
- It is important to teach each child faith and what it means to walk in the footsteps of Jesus.
- It is important to teach each child how to be a good person and to have the moral compass to make good decisions.
- It is important to teach students that having manners and being courteous can go a long way. This includes looking someone in the eye when you shake hands.
- In teaching each child there are more than just three R's, but also the three C's: Christ, Character, and Compassion.
- That as teachers we need to practice what we preach and embrace lifelong learning. For example, nearly 75% of our teachers have a Masters of Education, and we encourage our teachers and staff to pursue learning opportunities whenever possible.
- It is important to teach to the child – not to the book, not to the class, and certainly not to the standardized test.
- That when teachers and parents work together, kids win 100% of the time. That is why we will work tirelessly in collaboration with you to ensure your child reaches his or her full potential.
- That young minds learn the best in a safe, loving, and nurturing environment.
- That every child has been created by God as a unique individual. We work to nurture each child's singular talents throughout the school day.
We do all of this for every child, every day because we believe that in our learning environment, all of our children can reach their full potential – not only academically, but socially, morally, and spiritually as well.
We understand that choosing a school can be a complex decision. Take the time you need to make a great decision, and ask us any questions that may come to mind. We are confident that once you make the decision to send your child to St. Odilia you will never regret it.
Please know we never want a family to feel that they cannot send their children to our school due to financial constraints. We realize that a parochial school education is a sacrifice. This sacrifice is an investment in your child's future – a precious gift you can give that will last a lifetime. Today, choose to take the first step in developing your child to be a moral scholar taught to lead tomorrow's world.