St. Odilia 2020 Marathon
The St. Odilia Marathon is a community fundraiser with events for the whole family. A Marathon PDF package is available to download at the bottom of this page. To celebrate our great community, we hope for everyone’s participation on Marathon Day!!
(You don't need a student to pledge - we gratefully accept donations too!
You DO NOT need a PayPal account.)
NOTE: All ONLINE and Smart Tuition pledges must be made by Thursday, October 15th to count towards class totals. Pledge collection days for checks and paper pledge forms are on Thursday, October 8th, and Monday, October 12th.
Join us! Marathon Day is going VIRTUAL!Oct 3rd, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
VIRTUAL EVENTS - 10:00 - 11:30 am
MINI MARATHON - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Scavenger Hunt
- Group Stretch & Warm Up with In Motion Fitness
CELEBRATION - 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Walk, bike, run, or scoot around your neighborhood
- If this time doesn't work for you, pick a time that does! Don't let that stop you from enjoying the Marathon.
St. Odilia has set our goal to raise $55,000 through this year’s Marathon. The funds raised help to offset the cost of tuition and pay for many school enhancements.Funds are placed in a specific Marathon account and are invested back into the school, its teacher, and its students. Examples of how some of the funds were used:
- Come by school for a finisher's celebration
Interested in Volunteering?
For our school, Marathon funds were used to purchase:
For our teachers, we used Marathon funds for:
- Supplies and furniture for our classrooms.
- Enrichment curriculum materials, a supplemental and adaptable math and language arts curriculum, a specialized reading curriculum for students with dyslexia, a curriculum mapping program to ensure we are meeting and exceeding all standards, and other instructional supplies.
- STEM activities, keyboards for iPads and other classroom technologies.
- Marketing for our school and the online conference scheduler.
For our kids, Marathon funds were used to:
- Professional development in Science and Engineering curriculum.
- Reimbursements for teachers so they do not need to use their own money for classroom supplies.
- Staff service projects and staff appreciation days.
Matching GiftsDoes your employer have a matching gift program? If so, complete the company form and include it in your child's envelope.
- Purchase Gaga Ball Pits for the students to enjoy.
- Fund our Courage, Kindness, and Leaving a Legacy retreats as well as the Digital Citizenship presenter.
- Purchase supplies for our middle school engineering partnership with Totino-Grace, and the onsite.
- Fund the ExploraDome exhibit.
- Fund classroom field trips and service projects.
Thank you to the following companies that made matching gifts to St. Odilia School during last year’s Marathon:Ameriprise
Land O Lakes
United Health Group
*St. Odilia School and Parish is not responsible for children during the Marathon for Non-Public Education on Saturday October 3rd. This is a volunteer-run event and parents are required to attend with their children.
Melissa and Dave Showers