Parent Action Association (PAA)
The Parent Action Association (PAA) is an active group of parents who support St. Odilia School. The PAA has three main goals:
- Build community by supporting teachers, providing hospitality, and responding to parent needs
- Provide volunteer support for school programs
- Keep tuition reasonable through fundraising
All parents of St. Odilia students are members of this association.
The PAA is explained more thoroughly in our school handbook.
2018-2019 PAA Meetings
The PAA meet schedule it to be determined.
PAA Committees and Coordinators
The 2018-19 PAA co-chairs are Katie Miller and Lisa Jungbauer Nikolas. Please contact Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa (email@example.com) with any questions or suggestions.
We value our parents and their desire to be involved in our school. Being “involved” can mean many things to many people. To us, it means participating in class, grade, or school-wide events meant to support our school and the enhance the educational environment. When we are all-in and help when we can, our school gets better!
One-way parents can be involved is to be a classroom “Room Parent.” Each homeroom will have two Room Parents that will assist the teacher, the parents, and the school.
The basic job function is to help with class communication, event/party organization, and volunteer coordination for class, grade, and school-wide events.
- Obtain the class email list from the teacher
- Assist the teacher/school to promote events
- Help communicate and organize other information as necessary
- Help make sure all families feel and know the opportunities to be involved.
- Work with the teacher regarding class parties planned for the year and determine what is needed to accomplish these goals. Invite parents to party planning meetings so all feel included.
- Create a Signup Genius when necessary
- Pass on school-wide Signup Geniuses to the class parents
Here are some easy ways to help St. Odilia School get cash to use for school supplies, equipment and more!
Amazon Smile is a simple way for you to support St. Odilia every time you shop atsmile.amazon.com. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of purchase price from eligible AmazonSmile purchases. Please select the School of St. Odilia Church as your charitable organization.
Cut out the box top on eligible products found on the Box Tops 4 Education website. You can either use the collection sheet found on the school’s website as a family fun activity or simply place them in the container in the school lobby marked for Box Tops. We’ll take care of the rest – it’s as easy as that!
To earn more box tops, register online and select St. Odilia as your school, shop on the box tops website featuring over 170 retailers and earn e-box tops for the school! Last year we raised nearly $2,000 and this year we have a larger goal to meet! Each Box Top is worth 10 cents!
Take the family to Davanni's for dinner on a designated St. Odilia night. Davanni's will donate a percentage to our school.
Show St. Odilia pride. Purchase and wear St. Odilia spirit wear.