Working to Become Dementia Friendly
We are a Catholic community of faith that welcomes every person. We want to encourage individuals experiencing any form of dementia or memory loss, and their caregivers, to feel welcomed in our parish.
A Dementia Friendly parish:
- Accepts and values people regardless of cognitive abilities.
- Focuses on their strengths and abilities and is open to what they have to offer.
- Offers opportunities for both spiritual and pastoral support in order that everyone may enjoy being a part of a worshiping community.
- Understands that being a dementia friendly parish is always a work in progress.
Who Are Parishioners Experiencing Memory Loss and Their Caregivers?
Our parish is trying to be responsive to the needs of people experiencing memory loss and to the needs of their caregivers.
- If you provide care to someone with some form of memory loss, please notify Deacon Jim by calling him at (651) 415-3354 and speak to Deacon Jim or leave a message.
- If you know of a church member who cares for someone experiencing memory loss, or know of a church member who is experiencing memory loss, please ask them if it is OK for you to please inform Deacon Jim. We need to know who in our congregation could be helped so we can serve them.
As soon as we know of a caregiver or care recipient, we will contact them to see how our parish can be of assistance to them.
Upcoming Events at St. Odilia
A Special Communion Service for those with Memory Loss and their Caregivers
May 21, 2020, 1:30 p.m. St. Odilia Church
Join us for worship on Thursday, May 21. In our continuing efforts to minister to all segments of our community, we have scheduled a special Communion Service for those who are dealing with memory loss and for their caregivers. If you or someone you know is experiencing some memory issues or if you are a caregiver for someone dealing with memory loss please come to worship with us. The Communion Service begins at 1:30 p.m. with hospitality immediately following in the courtyard. Everyone is invited!
St. Odilia Articles and Publications
St. Odilia Resources
Dementia resources are available in the Courtyard library and outside the Parish office entryway in the holders on the wall.
Community Services through Lyngblomsten
2nd Half with Lyngblomsten Caregiver Resources include:
- The Gathering - provides a day of stimulating activities for those experiencing early- to mid-stage memory loss, and gives five hours of respite to caregivers who desire a break. St. Odilia is a member of this consortium.
- Support Groups
- Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer's Caregiver Health (REACH)
- Caregiver Resource & & Referral Program
Alzheimer's and Dementia information from the City of Roseville
Activities, Support Groups, Educational and Community Events include:
- Monthly calendars of events
- Social Work Assistance
- Respite & Adult Day Services
- Memory Cafe'
- Memory Minder Resources