Register for Confirmation Retreat
This year's Confirmation Retreat will be April 22nd-23rd at the NET Center in West St. Paul. This retreat allows for students to step away from the business of life and take some time to prepare for the wonderful Sacrament they are about to receive. Please take a look at the important retreat details below and have your registration filled out by February 22nd.
Date: April 22nd -23rd
Location: NET Center 110 Crusader Ave West, West St. Paul, MN 55118
Time: Saturday, April 22nd 8:30 AM through Sunday, April 23rd at 4:00 PM.
Food Accommodations: Accommodations can be made for those with allergies to eggs, dairy, gluten, and nuts. For other special food requests, including vegetarian and vegan meals. If you have concerns, please contact Jeffrey Campeau at email@example.com.
If you have not yet registered please use link below to register.
Registration Deadline: Feb 22nd
Please complete the Sacramental Record Form
The Sacramental Record form helps us verify your child's Baptism, as well as gives us all the information needed to record the reception of their Confirmation. In order to fill out this form, you will need a copy of your child's Baptism Certificate.
To acquire your child's Baptism Certificate please follow the directions below:
- Call the Church in which your child was baptized and request a copy of the Baptism Certificate. Please ask them to scan and email a copy to your best email address as well as to Alex Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition to the scan please also ask them to mail a copy to the Church of St. Odilia, Attention Alex Hall, 3495 North Victoria Street. Shoreview, MN 55126
- Once you have received an emailed copy of your child's certificate, you will have all the information needed to fill out the Sacramental Form. Please note, you will not be able to complete the Form without a copy of the certificate.
***For those children Baptized at St. Odilia, you will not need to request the record of Baptism since we hold the record, BUT we ask that you still fill out the form. ***
If you have not yet filled out the Sacramental Record Form please use the link below.
Sacramental Form due by March 1st
Confirmation Calendar of Events for St. Odilia School Students found HERE
Requirements for Confirmation:
- 8 Service Hours due by April 12
- Complete the Sponsor Booklet
- Complete the Confirmation Sacramental Form
- Attend the Sponsor/Parent Night on February 8
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat on the Weekend of April 22-23
- Complete the Bible Basics for Catholics and the companion packet by May 3
If you need ideas for Service Hours...
- Help at the Bloom Gala - Click here for more information
- Serve as a Greeter, Altar Server, or Lector at Mass - Contact Kim Albrecht (email@example.com) for more details
- Visit a resident of St. Therese at St. Odilia - Contact Anne Rodenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Help with Sunday School - Contact Sandi Ling email@example.com
Stuck on who you should pick for your Confirmation Saint? Click Here!
Life Teen has prepared a wonderful list with different suggestions -- we have attached a link below!
Remember: Picking a Confirmation Saint should be taken seriously. The idea is to pick a Saint who would be a good model for you as you grow in holiness and try to live the Christian life. Find a Saint who has similar interests to you, similar struggles, or someone who led an earthly life you find admirable.
Though the Sacrament of Confirmation is not accompanied by a legal name change, Catholics often informally add their Saint's first name after their middle name and before their last name, so keep that in mind when you pick a Saint.
The Saints who share your first or middle names are already special patrons, so you might pick a Saint who you are not already named after.
Confirmation Date:Monday, May 22nd, 7:00 pm at the Basilica of St. Mary, Minneapolis.