Resources Outside of St. Odilia
Explore and grow your faith!
Serving Catholics and communities in the Twin Cities and surrounding regions.
Where are we in the Synod Process?
2020-21 The Church Prepares.
Click HERE to review the updated Synod Process and this year's events.
After last year's successful Prayer and Listening Sessions,
Archbishop Hebda announces three Focus Areas for Parishes to discuss in Fall 2021
toward a vision plan through the Synod process for our Archdiocese.
Three Focus Areas:
1. Forming parishes that are in the service of Evangilization
2. Forming Missionary Disciples
3. Forming Youth and Young Adults for a church that is always young.
Faith and Culture Series
Inspired by thousands of participants at the Prayer and Listening Events, this series connects their stories to the story of the Church. Each virtual event inclues a talk, testimonials, and a live panel discussion. Registrationis required to participate live.
Dates and topics are listed below; all events begin at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 20: Sources of Catholic Teaching (Scripture, Tradition and Magisterium), presented by Dr. Bill Stevenson
- Wednesday, January 27: The Church's Teaching on Sexual Morality and the Family, presented by Dave & Cathy Deavel
- Thursday, February 4: The Church's Understanding on the Dignity of Women, presented by Helen Alvare
- Tuesday, February 9: The Priesthood (Both Baptized and Ordained), presented by Sister Esther Mary Nickel
Register online to participate and submit your questions! Zoom links will be sent to registrants prior to each event.
Registration is limited to 500 participants per event.
Learn more abou these offerings, and find all materials from the Synod fall 2020 series at archspm.org/synod.
Praying with Scripture Series - 5 part virtual study
Click the image to begin the series
Talk Titles and Speakers:
Talk 1: "Prayer is a Personal Relationship with God," by Archbishop Hebda
Talk 2: "How to Listen to God in Our Hearts," by Bishop Cozzens
Talk 3: "Conversations with God - Acknowledge, Relate, Receive, Respond," by Bishop Cozzens
Talk 4: "Discernment of Spirits - Consolation and Desolation," by Bishop Cozzens
Talk 5: "Overcoming Obstacles," by Archbishop Hebda
Healing and Hope Series
This five-part virtual series on praying with Scripture offers practical tools for growing in holiness, drawing upon the rich tradition of the Catholic Church. Archbishop Hebda and Bishop Cozzens will teach the fundamentals of praying with Scripture and explain how to use a Prayer Companion resource to enrich your prayer experience. This series begins September 13. Watch at your convenience with family, friends or on your own.
Date: October 18 – November 21 (Livestreams Tuesdays beginning October 20 at 7 p.m.)
Location: Online and.on Facebook and YouTube